This kid is not taking it easy on my skin. My poor face has been so red and dry basically since day 1. I’m hoping my cheeks will stop looking so red after baby arrives, but I won’t hold my breath.
- How far along: 24 weeks
- Gender: No Clue
- Weight gain: almost 7 lbs. still
- Maternity clothes: Yes! I’m still fitting into non-maternity gym clothes, but I don’t know how many more weeks I can pull that off without showing my belly in my shirts.
- Stretch marks: None so far
- Belly button in or out: mostly innie, but a little spot of outie.
- Sleep: great!
- Best moment this week: Finding out we’ll be moving to Fairfield, CA for Sully’s new job, feeling lots more kicks, eating beef without feeling sick, finishing baby’s quilt!
- Worst moment this week: Missing Sully a lot.
- Miss anything: Sully
- Movement: Lots! Still mostly in the same few areas. The left side of my belly is most common when I’m laying down. Baby also kicked where Wal was laying on my belly, but he didn’t notice or didn’t care.
- Cravings: Pineapple, apples, meat!?!,,
- Queasy or sick: Not so much any more
- Looking forward to: My trip, Sully coming home, making plans for our time in CA, finish up plans for baby stuff
I ate a burger this week, and I didn’t get sick. Or dry heave. It was basically the best. And I’m craving meat again. It’s really glorious. Even when it sounded gross I still missed it, which I realize sounds kind of crazy. I still can’t cook it myself, but eating it is a step in the right direction! Also, this burger place right down the road from our house (less than a mile) has the best little burgers on gluten free buns! And their fries are like Five Guys fries, so basically I’m in heaven.
This morning, I called the detailer (since Sully can’t send emails off the boat for another month or so) and found out where we’re headed! I couldn’t be more excited, and I’m sure Sully is equally thrilled! This has been a long time coming. We originally were going to move October-December 2013. Now we’re moving July-September 2014. So, where are we going?? Let me give you a hint:
So technically, it’s not Napa, but it’s 30 minutes away from Napa to Travis Air Force Base!! This was our #2 choice, right behind Pensacola. Neither of us ever dreamed we’d even get something in our top 3, let alone our #2 choice. We really kept our expectations to a minimum to avoid disappointment. I’m on cloud 9 right now. We’re thrilled to go back to the beautiful area where we got married. We’ll spend 2 years there, and I’m just so excited for the sunshine, warmth and wine! I’m not sure what month we’ll be going–obviously not July with the whole baby due that month situation–but we’re thrilled! (I speak collectively for us because we both were dying over this location even being an option, since he’s Navy and it’s on an AF base!)
I’ve been on a vegetable kick lately. I want to eat all the vegetables, all the time. And fruit. All the time. Meat? Not so much. I’ve had this every day for the past 4 days and I can’t get enough. I use a gluten free tortilla from La Tortilla Factory. If I didn’t have to eat gluten free, I’d use a Flat Out Wrap. I ate those a lot (and made pizzas out of them) before I had to eat gluten free. If you use the gluten free ones, they should be warmed on a skillet over medium for about a minute on each side so they are pliable.
Vegetable Hummus Wraps
About 500 calories, 8 g protein
- 1 wrap
- 4 T hummus
- red onion
- shredded carrots
- cucumber slices
- avocado (half)
- tomato (half)
- lettuce/spinach/spring greens
A) Monday, when I took this, it was 66 out. It was glorious. And, my maternity shorts from Gap are by far the most comfortable thing I own.
B) I swear it gets bigger every day. The bump is much bigger this week than last.
C) Remember when I wasn’t pasty white? Yeah, me neither. These pictures though. We were so dark. And warm. And together. I need my husband to hurry home. Now.
- How far along: 23 weeks
- Gender: No clue
- Weight gain: A little under 7 lbs
- Maternity clothes: YES! Other than workout clothes, I’m wearing all maternity.
- Stretch marks: None so far, fingers crossed
- Belly button in or out: In, but part of it is really close to being an outie
- Sleep: Good, sleeping through the night
- Best moment this week: Paying off the last of our debt, so we are 100% debt free before baby, which was our goal. Making cookies. Finishing my two science classes. Lunch with a friend.
- Worst moment this week: Dealing with people, starting to feel a little more uncomfortable, lots of Braxton hicks contractions, dealing with some acid reflux
- Miss anything: Sully, bloody mary’s
- Movement: Lots, especially if I eat fruit.
- Cravings: Fruit, salad, vegetables, sugar.
- Queasy or sick: On and off a few times, but nothing too serious
- Looking forward to: Sully coming home, my trip in April, baby’s arrival, buying some more of the baby things we need.
I feel like the bump reallllly came out this week.
- How far along: 22 weeks
- Gender: Still team green
- Weight gain: 4 lbs or so
- Maternity clothes: yes!
- Stretch marks: None so far that I’ve seen
- Belly button in or out: In, but seriously too close to being an outie
- Sleep: Good, but I need a lot of it, including naps
- Best moment this week: I loved the sweet baby gift Kate sent. I’ve felt baby kick a lot more this week.
- Worst moment this week: Just missing Sully and being so tired
- Miss anything: Bloody Mary’s, sushi
- Movement: lots around 10 am and lots again around 6-9 pm
- Cravings: None really other than chocolate cake, which I finally made
- Queasy or sick: Not really this week
- Looking forward to: Sully coming home and feeling the baby move!
Kate sent the baby a few gifts, which was very exciting! Wal was fascinated by the box because Henry had obviously been near it! He then tried to steal the two pack of pacifiers in the plastic and cardboard wrapping they came in, so I feel like we’ll be losing a lot of those to a certain hound!
Week 20 was hard for me. I was really missing Sully. I was able to talk to him again, which is seriously a rarity with his deployments. I also could have flown to meet him for a few days, but a test prevented that. Talking to him was really such a tease, considering how long we have until he gets home. I also vomited yet again on the first day of week 20. I also ended up getting violently ill the last few days of week 19, including swollen lymph nodes, a fever, skin rash, cough, feeling faint, etc. It was not a good time. Needless to say, as excited as I was to hit the halfway point, I was pretty much over this week.
I went to a charity auction at the end of week 20 with some wives from the boat. After basically eating all day, the bump was out in full force. I wanted to snap a picture for Sully to see during the next mail drop because it’s not every day I wear a dress! And, I finally stopped feeling so much like I was dying by Saturday, so this picture is a less scary version of week 20.
Taken 20 weeks and 5 days
Better two weeks late than never, yes?
Sully did a great job, especially since he wasn’t here. We went to the store in early January, and I saw the heart box of Almond Roca. If you’ve never had Almond Roca, I highly suggest you find some immediately. It’s the most delicious candy that ever did exist. Anyway, I made a comment along the lines of “your pregnant wife is probably going to need some Almond Roca at some point.” The man remembered. He forgot a card, so he included a cute note in the box which was so perfect to see! The little things when he is gone are what make it much better. I knew something was hiding at the end of our bed in the drawer, but managed to refrain from peeking. I’m quite the surprise ruiner. Plus, I knew I’d be bummed on valentine’s day if I’d already ruined my surprise.
And flowers showed up. When we first started dating, I told him my favorite flowers at some point. They aren’t anything special and are always super cheap at the store, but I love them. He’s always good at remembering them and bringing those home. I used to buy them for myself in college every few weeks just to have some nice flowers around. It was nice to see them that afternoon, and the peruvian lilies are still alive! I look at them every morning while I eat breakfast and smile.
I do have to admit tulips and daffodils are in close competition for favorite after his proposal, so I always pick some of those up while he’s gone when I need a pick me up! So once my valentine’s day flowers wilt, I’ll be getting some tulips to cheer myself up.
This is me with makeup on. It’s a pretty rare thing. Also, I lied. I’m not going to tell you what it is because I don’t know. That’s right. We’re officially team green. I’m as shocked as everyone else. The control freak, type A, planner in me loves and hates this all at once. I changed my mind on finding out late last week. Sully hasn’t been able to respond to my emails about this change…so he may not be super excited. I was just having a really hard time emotionally thinking about finding out without him there when it’s such a big thing. I do have the gender in an envelope on the fridge that I can open at any time.
Also, I think the back of this shirt not being tight makes me look bigger. I’m glad I have room to grow into it! I also perhaps ate all weekend. If I were to list all the things I ate this weekend, you’d then understand why there is definitely a bump this week. I couldn’t stop eating and it was glorious. I’ll spare you the list of foods. But, according to my ultrasound, we’ve got a big baby!
- How far along: 19 weeks
- Gender: I am officially team green. I decided a few days ago that I didn’t want to find out without Sully. The tech put a picture in an envelope for me in case I change my mind, but I hope to at least wait until he gets home to find out with the real intention of waiting until baby comes.
- Weight gain: I think I’m officially up a pound!
- Maternity clothes: Yes! The pants are really far more comfortable than anything pushing on my bladder and the shirts are cuter than any of my normal clothes I can fit into thanks to my really long torso.
- Stretch marks: None
- Belly button in or out: still open and less deep. And still grosses me out to look at.
- Sleep: Still OK, just waking up some nights for no reason.
- Best moment this week: Talking to Sully on FaceTime last week when the boat pulled into a port for a repair. We talked for about 2 hours total a few times. I was able to show him the baby clothes I’d gotten and show him the bump. It was the most wonderful thing ever and totally helped lift my spirits. I also saw the baby today at my anatomy scan and everything looked good.
- Worst moment this week: Vomiting last Monday, stress from school, missing Sully
- Miss anything: Sully, raw fish, wine
- Movement: I’ve felt baby a few more times this week. It’s been really exciting to feel finally.
- Cravings: Sushi, fish, deviled eggs, coffee, cheese, ribs (this one shocked me) and Adell’s sundried tomato chicken sausages (which I ate four of this week without any gagging) so I think meat has made a come back.
- Queasy or sick: On and off earlier in the week, but I seem to be in the clear now. We’ll see if it lasts.
- Looking forward to: Sully coming home, my trip in April, finding out where we’ll be moving, feeling more kicks, Sully feeling kicks when he comes home, baby’s arrival.
- Baby: At my ultrasound this week, baby was measuring around 11.5 ounces, in the 82nd percentile and a week ahead, so we’ll see how true that is come delivery time.
What do you think we’re having?
There is no hiding of the bump this week. I think I’m officially “out” in terms of the whole being pregnant thing. I finally bought maternity jeans for my bladder’s sake. I washed them and they still dyed my legs blue.
This was a hard week for me emotionally. I’m really missing Sully, and we still have a really long time until he comes home. It feels sad to be experiencing this “alone.” I have great friends–but not here. I’m sad to go find out the gender next week alone. I’m sad that my husband is missing my belly grow. I’m sad I can’t just attach a picture to an email so he can see my growing belly. I’m sad he won’t be here to feel kicks until late in pregnancy. I’m sad he’s not here to make me feel better when my hormones get the best of me. I knew this would be difficult, but I didn’t realize how difficult. Deployments have been hard for me, but never this hard. And never this hard so early into a deployment. The hormones are just the worst.
- How far along: 18 weeks
- Gender: I’ll know in a week!
- Weight gain: -1 lbs!
- Maternity clothes: Yes! I finally broke down and bought maternity jeans. My bladder much appreciates that purchase. I also bought a few more tops so I’ve been wearing those this week.
- Stretch marks: None so far
- Belly button in or out: In, but more open still
- Sleep: Pretty good
- Best moment this week: Getting baby’s first book from Katie, Sully’s sweet valentine’s day surprise
- Worst moment this week: Feeling incredibly lonely and missing Sully. Feeling extra nauseous again.
- Miss anything: Sully, bloody mary’s, my abs
- Movement: haven’t felt anything yet
- Cravings: cinnamon raisin bread, coffee, cheese and crackers
- Queasy or sick: unfortunately, yes
- Looking forward to: A potential “babymoon” to wherever we’re moving to house hunt after Sully gets home, my trip to my aunt and sister’s in April, hearing from Sully again, finding out the gender (although now I wouldn’t mind it being a surprise because it feels less fun to find out alone).